Starting a new business can be one of the most exciting and daunting things you can do. It takes guts and a lot of hard work but you don’t have to go it alone or re-invent the wheel. There’s plenty of support available and Opportunity Peterborough can help you to access it. From start-up loans and managed workspaces, to advice and guidance on everything from tax to websites and business planning, we have the contacts that will help you to achieve your goals.
Our partners below will be pleased to help you:
Advice and guidance
- Peterborough Business & IP Centre (Peterborough Central Library): Part of the British Library Business & IP Centre national network, this centre supports entrepreneurs, inventors and small businesses from their first spark of inspiration to successfully launching and developing a business. It’s free of charge to access market research and company databases, learn new skills at workshops or have a confidential one-to-one. If you can’t visit the Library you can still take advantage of the British Library’s expertise by registering for regular webinars, from wherever you are in the world. The Centre is open during staffed hours at Peterborough Central Library.
For more information please visit: vivacity.org/library-archives/business-ip-centre
- Signpost2Grow: Signpost 2 Grow gives local businesses access to a wide range of business support, advice, grants and events aimed at helping businesses to grow and develop. The team have very broad knowledge of the support available for people who want to make their business idea a reality to existing organisations that want to expand in size or sell to bigger markets. All advice is free to use and access. Signpost2Grow can support businesses at any stage of their development.
Find out more at: signpost2grow.co.uk/starting-a-business, call 01480 277180 or email: email@example.com
- Better Business For All (regulatory advice): Better Business for All (BBfA) is a partnership between business and national and local regulatory bodies promoting business growth and compliance. It aims to improve and simplify the way that regulatory compliance is delivered by relevant businesses. The BBfA partnership can help any business, but is specifically designed to help start-up, SME and local growing businesses get to grips with, and simply implement, relevant regulation. In Cambridgeshire & Peterborough, BBfA is run by the Signpost2Grow growth hub, above. Click here to find out which organisations who can offer you support to meet regulatory requirements.
- StartandGrow: An online business resources platform in the UK that supports the business journey from pre-start to start-up, and on through stages of growth. StratandGrow provides bitesize course modules, live forums, stories and blogs, on an interactive platform that can help you master the essentials of starting and growing your business. Find out more at StartandGrow
- New Enterprise Allowance: If you are receiving certain benefits, the New Enterprise Allowance provides support and funding for starting a new business, or developing an existing one if you are already self-employed. To find out more and to see if you are eligible, talk to your local JobCentrePlus, or your JobCentrePlus Work Coach if you already have one. Alternatively, find out more online: https://www.gov.uk/moving-from-benefits-to-work/starting-your-own-business
- The Eco Innovation Centre is a bustling business hub located in the heart of Peterborough. Set in a beautiful grade II listed building and with direct views of Peterborough Cathedral, the Eco Innovation Centre provides serviced offices for virtual and physical business tenants, as well as offering high quality meeting and event space. Discover more at www.ecoinnovationcentre.com
- Peterborough Workspace provides low cost, flexible office and workshop premises for, primarily, new and start-up companies. The centre also offers free business support through workshops and advice on business related matters such as access to funding and marketing. For more information, visit:
- Brightfield Business Hub is a new workspace in the Lynch Wood area of Peterborough. It provides affordable and flexible office space, as well as hot-desking. The hub also features a cafe with plans for a gym and salon and regularly hosts social events and workshops for start-ups and SMEs. For details, visit: https://brightfieldbusinesshub.co.uk/
- Allia Future Business Centre supports social and environmental ventures through the provision of shared co-working incubation space for start-ups, through to offices and workshops for growing enterprises and event space through which free business support workshops, and seminars, are delivered. For more information visit:
- Haatch provides flexible, all-inclusive co-working spaces, with Hot Desks, Resident Desks, Private Offices, Meeting Rooms or Postal Addresses available. For more information, visit: https://www.haatchdesks.com/our-locations/the-avenue-peterborough/
If you’d like to enquire about available office space for your business please use the property search form on our Invest in Peterborough website.
For further guidance on where to access start-up business support in Peterborough, contact us.