Date of Last Update: 27 April 2021
Opportunity Peterborough Limited (we or us) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Opportunity Peterborough Limited of Allia Future Business Centre, London Road, Peterborough, PE2 8AN
The information that we hold about members of the Bondholder Network is retained on the basis that we, Opportunity Peterborough, provide a contractual service with the organisations, businesses and individuals that are part of the Network.
Those individuals and companies that are interested in keeping in touch with the activities at Opportunity Peterborough and Visit Peterborough do so on a consensual opt-in basis to the information that is sent out.
What information do we hold about you?
For the Bondholder Network, the personal information that we hold about you is:
- Basic contact details, name, email address, phone number, the company that you work for and the position you hold.
- Activity. We also keep a record of activities that you take part in through the Bondholder Network. For instance, which events you have attended, what content you have posted to the member portal and which of our newsletters you have read. This helps us to provide a more tailored service to you, as well as allowing us to improve our offer more generally.
For those people that have shown a business interest in Opportunity Peterborough we hold:
- Basic contacts details, name, email address, phone number, the company/organisation that you work for and the position you hold.
For those people that have shown a business interest in Visit Peterborough we hold:
What do we do with your information?
Most of the information we hold is to provide the contractual services that we deliver to our Bondholder Network members. This includes event attendance and keeping our members up to date with relevant news and business information we think will be useful or of interest to them.
For contractual purposes we will hold your information so we can provide you with Bondholder Network services.
Any information that is required from a legal basis will be stored and maintained securely – as best practise or as the law dictates – such as signed contracts or invoices, for example.
All non-statutory information will be removed from digital and paper-based systems one year after your involvement ends with the Bondholder Network.
Companies and individuals that are held on our marketing databases will only be provided information relating and pertinent to the activities of Opportunity Peterborough and / or Visit Peterborough, as applicable, and will have the ability to opt-out at any point.
What information do we need?
Most information that we need is required by law to process financial documents and to provide us with contact points for the organisations in our Bondholder Network.
For marketing purposes, we only hold an individual’s basic contact details – as an example, name and email address; so that we can keep you updated with regular newsletters and business news and information we think you may be interested in.
Who do we share your information with?
We currently share your personal information with the following organisations:
- Free Thinking Ltd. Our website is currently hosted and maintained by Free Thinking. Whilst they have technical access to limited individual data, they are contracted to safeguard and not to use any data held within the system.
- Google. We use Google to host our email systems. As with all our technology partners, they technically have access to the data that is stored on their servers, however they have strict security measures in place to prevent any data breaches both internally and externally.
- Serco/Peterborough City Council. We have our own file servers for storing data that are managed by a third party. As with the providers above, they are contracted to safeguard and not to use any data held within the system.
- HubSpot. We use HubSpot as our CRM to track all customer activity and engagement, including the Bondholder Network. As with all our technology partners, they technically have access to the data that is stored on their servers, however they have strict security measures in place to prevent any data breaches both internally and externally.
- Campaign Monitor. Opportunity Peterborough uses Campaign Monitor to manage the details of individuals that wish to be kept up to date for marketing purposes. This is limited to a name and email address. We use this system as it allows people to opt-in to receiving marketing information and gives individuals the opportunity to regularly opt-out at any point.
None of your personal information is sold or passed to other parties without your express permission.
All organisations that we select as suppliers to provide business functions are checked for compliance with GDPR and how they look after and safeguard any data that is held about you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Opportunity Peterborough Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by it about its Bondholders and users will be one of the transferred assets.
Your individual rights
We take your privacy and the security of information that we hold about you very seriously. This policy outlines what we do with your information and why we require it. We will notify you if this policy changes.
You have the right to know what data and information we hold on you. If you would like to see this you can make a request by email or verbally and we will provide a response within one calendar month.
If any of the information we hold about you is incorrect, please let us know and we will rectify this as soon as possible.
If you feel that we hold any information about you that we shouldn’t have, or if we are using your information in a way that you do not agree with or using it for something you don’t agree with, please let us know, and we will provide a response within one calendar month.
If you require, we can provide information and data held about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
We do not use any of your personal information for automated decision-making.
If you have any queries relating to this policy, please do not hesitate to contact us via the following methods:
Post: Opportunity Peterborough, Allia Future Business Centre, London Road, Peterborough, PE2 8AN