Opportunity Peterborough was founded in 2005 as an urban regeneration company. Five years later our remit evolved to lead the city’s economic development and inward investment activity. We’re a private not-for-profit business, wholly owned by Peterborough City Council.
As an economic development company, Opportunity Peterborough’s core responsibilities include:
- marketing Peterborough and the wider region to businesses to attract inward investment, working with investors to make their landing as smooth as possible.
- supporting the growth and development of local companies, connecting them with the suppliers, experts, and services providers they need to thrive and innovate.
- Within our portfolio, we have specialist services including:
- The Skills Service, which was established to lead the local skills agenda, bringing educators and businesses together so curriculum addresses skills gaps and helps companies develop their talent pipeline. The team began in Peterborough but now work nationally.
- World class circular economy and smart city programmes (part of Future Peterborough) which are powering cross-sector innovation, improving productivity and quality of life, diverting waste from landfill, and maximising resource lifespan. As one of the fastest growing areas of the UK, we don’t want our growth to come at the expense of our planet, and this programme plays an important role in achieving local and international sustainability goals.
Local businesses are the lifeblood of our city’s economy, that’s why we offer support to help them set up and grow.
Investing in Peterborough?
Then visit our dedicated invest in Peterborough website to find out more, or get in touch with Opportunity Peterborough for bespoke support – we’d be delighted to help relocate your business to our exciting, growing city.