A plan to transform a city eyesore into a small estate of 90 homes will be submitted to Peterborough City Council next month.

The project at Midland Road, Peterborough, is being delivered by Longhurst & Havelok Homes and Westleigh Developments. 70% of the site will be market housing, with the remaining 30% being delivered as an affordable product, in line with council policy.

The current site is home to the derelict Dairy Crest factory and has, over the years, attracted anti-social behaviour, squatters, fly-tipping and crime. This proposal will transform the land into a much-needed residential area, with community green space available for all local people to use.

If planning permission is granted, building work is expected to take between 18 and 20 months, starting in 2013.

A public exhibition offering residents the chance to view the plans, and find out more information about the development, will take place at St Johns Hall, Mayors Walk, Peterborough, on Saturday, September 29 from 10am-2pm.

Representatives from Longhurst & Havelok Homes, Westleigh Developments and the architects RGP will also be on hand to answer any questions residents may have. It is a drop-in event, so there is no need to book.

For more information please visit

Media opportunity:
If you would like to attend the public exhibition please contact Julia Ogden at Athene Communications.
Email: or call 01733 207333.