- How we can help
- Business Support
- Invest in Peterborough
- Current Projects
- Completed Projects
- Bondholder Network
Housebuilder and developer Larkfleet Homes (www.larkfleethomes.co.uk) will show how the government’s ‘First Buy’ scheme can help homebuyers get onto the property ladder with a special weekend at its Abbeyfields development in Bourne on Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 October.
Larkfleet’s open weekend will provide homebuyers who are looking to purchase a property the chance to speak to advisors about the FirstBuy scheme, as well as Larkfleet’s own Ezy-buy initiative.
FirstBuy enables homebuyers to pay just 80 per cent of the total purchase price of a property, with the remaining 20 per cent funded by an interest-free loan for the first five years of ownership provided by Larkfleet Homes and the government.
Additionally, homebuyers who take advantage of FirstBuy only need a five per cent deposit on the 80 per cent share they are initially purchasing – and some mortgage lenders may even allow eligible homebuyers to buy through the FirstBuy scheme without any deposit at all.
Details of the FirstBuy weekend at Abbeyfields on 27 and 28 October can be obtained by calling 01778 392795.
To qualify for the scheme a homebuyer’s total household income must be lower than £60,000 per year and an independent financial advisor will need to assess eligibility and ability to satisfy the qualifying criteria.
A common misconception is that FirstBuy is only applicable to first-time buyers but this is not the case. Homebuyers who have previously owned a home can take advantage of the scheme as long as they do not currently own a property.
Larkfleet has its own FirstBuy equivalent called ‘Ezy-buy’ and homebuyers can also find out more about this initiative at the weekend event in Bourne. Both schemes are aimed at first-time buyers and people who have found the right home but can’t quite afford the whole amount to buy it.
Karl Hick, Larkfleet’s managing director, commented: “At Larkfleet, we understand how difficult it can be for homebuyers to make that important step onto the property ladder. We are delighted to offer a ‘helping hand’ to potential homebuyers. FirstBuy and Ezy-buy really can make all the difference in enabling homebuyers to secure a property, usually much sooner than they imagined would be possible.
“I would urge anyone looking to purchase a property to visit our Abbeyfields development in Bourne on 27 and 28 October and find out how Larkfleet could help them.”
Larkfleet Homes has several developments across the East Midlands and East of England. Its high quality properties in Eye (Cambridgeshire), Bourne (Lincolnshire) and Oakham (Rutland) offer plenty of choice for those looking to purchase a home.
Larkfleet’s Abbeyfields development is located on the old Co-op site on Manning Road in Bourne, Lincolnshire, and comprises two and three-bedroom properties with prices starting at just £125,000.
Leighfield Park is the first phase of Oakham Heights, Larkfleet’s major urban expansion of Oakham, located on land between the Oakham bypass and Barleythorpe Road. The development offers traditionally-styled two, three, four and five-bedroom properties starting from £143,995.
Larkfleet Homes’ Parson’s Prospect development off Thorney Road in Eye village is only two miles from the city of Peterborough. Situated on the edge of the Cambridgeshire Fen landscape, Parson’s Prospect offers everything from two-bedroom starter homes to three, four and five-bedroom family homes.
For more details on Larkfleet developments, please visit www.larkfleethomes.co.uk or contact a sales advisor on 01778 391555.
Larkfleet Homes is part of the Larkfleet Group (www.larkfleetgroup.co.uk).
• Details of the FirstBuy weekend at Abbeyfields on 27 and 28 October can be obtained by calling 01778 392795.