Job Description also available for download.
BARNACK ESTATES UK LTD – JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Company: Barnack Estates UK Limited, Construction Team
Responsible to: Lead Quantity Surveyor
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 0800 to 1700 (40 hours)
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
To provide commercial and administrative support to the construction team assisting with procurement, measurement, budgeting, managing projects, liaising with clients and suppliers.
- To maintain a high level of commercial awareness, communication and to work within a small team to deliver excellent customer service.
- To be able to work under pressure, be confident in liaising with clients and suppliers, to be commercially aware, organized and able to assist in the management of our projects.
- To be part of the site team giving direct support to the construction team.
- To be able to budget, word process, complete spreadsheets, send emails/letters, attend meetings and be an excellent communicator.
- To assist in obtaining quotations, accurately compare quotes, negotiate and place orders.
- To create and maintain the ‘Estimating Database’ for the company.
- To assist with project management, time lines, delivering contracts to budget and on time.
- To take off quantities and place supplier orders.
- To assist in the preparation of Applications for Payment, Monthly Contractor Report, Cost/Value Reconciliations.
- To assist with measurement both on site and off plan.
- To assist with administration such as managing drawings, site health and safety forms and procedures.
- Based on site as part of the Construction Team, but able to work at the Head Office and therefore able to drive.
- Assisting with Planning (Local Authority) procedures.
- Dealing with STATS (Water, Gas, Electricity etc.).
- Special projects such as renewable energy research.
Training and support will be provided throughout.
Personal Protective Equipment
Personal Protective Equipment will be provided free of charge to be maintained and looked after by the employee.
Please send CV to email@example.com