As part of our collaboration with Anglian Water, Allia is looking for an enthusiastic individual with technical knowledge and capacity to join our team and assist with the smooth operation of the Innovation Lab. This role will also provide and co-ordinate all aspects of technical support and training to users in prototyping and fabrication as well as the day to day running of the facility including managing resources, user bookings and memberships, health and safety and maintenance of service contracts etc. The position is best suited to a product developer, a trained technician with a rounded experience on the innovation lab equipment, or an engineering graduate at a minimum BEng level.
- To assist users of the Innovation Lab with using the space safely and effectively. Support users in product development activities and projects
- To work closely with the Anglian Water team to ensure needs are met and time allocations and resources are managed appropriately.
- Works well under pressure whilst managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously to a high standard.
- Managing the space and its use to maximum effect.
- Providing or co-ordinating inductions and training for the equipment and facilities within the Innovation Lab.
- Assisting businesses with their requirements and advising on the best use of equipment.
- Assisting with the collection and reporting of monitoring data for the Innovation Lab.
- Ensuring the health and safety protocols for the Innovation Lab.
- Taking responsibility for the stock taking, ordering and safe keeping of all consumables for the Innovation Lab.
- Important to maintain control of materials, equipment being used and documentation for all aspects of the lab so that the business can run smoothly.
- Working with the Innovation Lab Business Development Manager to create and implement a technology roadmap which keeps the Innovation Lab up to date on emerging technologies.
- Champion innovation that strategically aligns to Allia’s Vision and Objectives, testing new ideas in areas such as social entrepreneurship, social impact, and exploring how technology can tackle stubborn development challenges, and help achieve the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
Supporting the Innovation Lab Business Development Manager, wider Allia and Anglian Water staff, Network Members, Innovation Lab Users and wider Community with any other aspects which may be in line with the role.