Based: Future Business Centre, Cambridge Campus.
Reports to: Assistant Centre Manager
Hours: Part Time, 25 hours / week
Salary: up to £20,000 pro-rata, depending on experience
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship.
Allia Future Business Centre offers flexible workspace and a vibrant community for small businesses who are creating change. Allia Impact runs free business support programmes and innovative funded projects. Together, they are dedicated to supporting businesses to thrive, grow and create jobs, so that they can make a positive impact on their community, as well as addressing social and environmental global challenges.
We like to say that through doing this, we help to make a Positive Impact for People, Place and Planet.
Our parent company Allia Ltd is a charity that has, for over 21 years, been focused on supporting charitable organisations and responsible businesses, and facilitating innovative social finance. It has supported hundreds of businesses, charities and enterprises so that they can deliver local employment, training initiatives and a range of community projects across the UK.
We are looking for a highly-motivated individual who can provide exceptional five-star customer service to all our clients by supporting the delivery of our busy reception and event hospitality services at Future Business Centre – Cambridge Campus.
- Company pension scheme; free on-site parking; Bike2Work Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Casual dress
- Wellness programme
- Previously awarded the best not for profit employer in the Eastern Region.
- Be a part of a community that drives innovation with a focus on addressing environmental and social challenges.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays, rising to 30 days with service
- Delivering reception services during our core hours of 8.30am-5.30pm, including receiving, directing and responding to all calls, messages, sorting incoming and outgoing mail and assisting tenants and visitors.
- Occasionally assisting with tasks outside of core hours which may require early starts, late finishes and weekend working.
- Greeting and directing visitors and dealing with queries from tenants, visitors, customers and the general public including making them aware of relevant services that we offer.
- Taking enquires, managing bookings and organising the delivery of conference and meeting room bookings to include setting up spaces for bookings with the movement of furniture to the desired layout and setting up and delivering our catering offer.
- Providing accounts and financial support by checking details are correctly logged in our Customer Relationship Management System and generating necessary invoices, credit notes and taking card payments.
- Managing tenant information through our management information system and logging prospects and new clients in our CRM system, providing reports to management when required.
- Monitoring, and reporting on, maintenance issues in the building, including having responsibility for the reception area and the conference/meeting rooms.
- Providing general administrative support to the reception and operations team i.e. processing applications, filing, photocopying, scanning and purchasing supplies.
- Ensuring the Centre’s appearance is maintained to a high standard, liaising with our cleaning and maintenance contractors, to ensure the safety, welfare and expectations of our tenants and visitors at all times.
- Delivering exceptional, 5-star, customer service at all times.
- Promoting, encouraging and assisting in creating a community spirit at the Centre.
- Any other task that is deemed as appropriate and within the competence of the individual.
Skills, Qualifications & Personal Attributes
- Experience of administration work using Microsoft Office/Office 365 (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Experience of working in a customer-facing role, and an understanding of the need for excellent customer service skills
- A willingness to learn new computer programmes/systems
- An approachable, friendly and professional manner with a positive, can-do, attitude and a willingness to develop
- Excellent communication skills, with a high standard of spoken and written English
- Flexibility to attend work outside of core hours
- The ability to work effectively in a team and to tight deadlines under pressure
- To be able to solve problems and work under their own initiative when required
- Candidates will also be self-motivated, organised, proactive and reliable
- A motivation to do things, or identify new ways of working, that improves the service we offer at the Centre.
We are committed to equality and diversity for our ventures, tenants, colleagues, volunteers, trustees, and supporters. We value the strength that comes with difference and the positive contribution that diversity brings to the communities in which we serve. We are working to increase diversity and would particularly welcome applications from groups that are currently under-represented, including those from a BAME background.
To apply for this role, please send an up-to-date CV with a supporting covering letter highlighting your skills and experience along with why we should consider you for the role and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will not be considered without this information.
All applications should be submitted by 5pm on Friday, 9th of September 2022