Business Growth Manager
ABOUT OPPORTUNITY PETERBOROUGH
Peterborough is an exciting, aspirational and cosmopolitan city with a diverse economy of major companies and innovative SMEs. It is one of the fastest growing cities in the UK and has big plans for the future.
Opportunity Peterborough is the city’s economic development company. We’re dedicated to our mission of supporting growth across the city and surrounding area, improving economic prosperity, jobs opportunities, and life chances for those who live and work here. We do this by engaging with local companies to support growth and development, by marketing Peterborough to attract new businesses, by working with partners at a strategic level to create an enabling environment, and by playing a leading role in the city’s skills agenda to ensure our current and future talent pool is work-ready.
We’re looking for exceptional, dynamic people to join our small but impactful team and help us make Greater Peterborough an even greater place to live, work, and invest.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced business professional wishing to have a positive impact on the Greater Peterborough economy by assisting businesses to identify and overcome barriers to growth and achieve their growth aspirations.
You’re experience and clear understanding of business needs, combined with your account management skills, and ability to listen and problem solve, will make you a credible and trusted advisor and broker, helping businesses to achieve their growth potential and in doing so create well paid and stable job opportunities in and around the city.
- To profile, identify and target businesses with high growth potential across Greater Peterborough.
- To assist high growth businesses to identify and overcome barriers to growth and realise their full growth potential, supporting them to accelerate their growth, increase their capacity and capability for growth, and/or sustain their period of growth.
- To utilise business development experience and skills to undertake a business diagnosis, challenging clients where appropriate and producing deliverable action plans for growth.
- To act as a trusted and impartial broker, understanding needs, encouraging, informing and connecting businesses to sources of advice, support, and funding.
- To ensure the timely and successful delivery of solutions according to customer needs and objectives.
- To communicate clearly the progress of interactions to internal and external stakeholders.
- To keep records of client transactions up-to-date.
- To provide clear, regular and concise updates on visits, activities and performance through e-mails and reports
- To carry out duties as requested by the Head of Economic Development
Skills and Experience
- Sound knowledge of the economic and business environment.
- Ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of business, including executive and C-level.
- A demonstrable track record of delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs in a B2B environment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects whilst maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Strong use of initiative and the responsibility to deliver.
- Proactive team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop robust relationships across the public, private and charitable sectors at all levels.
- Strong commercial and business acumen.
- Ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines, and balance conflicting priorities.
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-driven environment.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Effective time and project management skills.
- Degree level qualification or higher in a relevant discipline
- Extensive experience working in, or supporting businesses within, either the Agri-Food, Manufacturing, or Digital sectors.
Job Type: Permanent