A growing bookkeeping practice based in Peterborough are looking for an enthusiastic candidate to take ownership of the ledger bookkeeping and reconciliations for the various clients of the practice.
To be considered for this role, a candidate ought to be AAT qualified (an accounting qualification may also be suitable, such as ACA or ACCA but not CIMA) with relevant experience of working for a similar accounting practice/business.
Contract Basis: Part Time, a few days per week, flexible
Job Role: Bookkeeper
IT Skills requirement
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Extensive experience working on QuickBooks, VT transactions+, Xero, Sage line 50
- IRIS or Moneysoft payroll experience is desirable
- Certification on above will be given preference.
- Familiarity with cloud based applications
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take ownership of the ledger postings and reconciliation.
- Be naturally inquisitive.
- Self-motivated and client focused.
- Able to “stick to the task”.
- Able to apply judgement.
- Bring on board adequate levels of technical experience / expertise and apply this on the job.
- Proactively address issues and resolve problems.
- Be able to address conflicting priorities and work under pressure.
Communication / Team work:
- Be able to work unsupervised and as part of the team.
- Be a natural team player
- Communicate clearly and succinctly both verbally and in writing.
- Have a good command of the English language.
- Exhibit the desire for career progression and growth.
- Show flexibility in work patterns and maintain work-life-balance.