Dates(s) - 08/03/2022 - 15/03/2022 18:00 - 21:00
Blenheim Court, 5 Blenheim Court , Peterborough , PE1 2PU
This course is an IQL Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF qualification number 603/2264/0) and is suitable for all sports coaches. It is valid for 3 years as of the date of assessment. The course is Trainer Assessed throughout, and the assessment should determine a learner’s ability to act safely, promptly and effectively when an emergency occurs learning how to deal with a casualty.
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of a first aider.
- How to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally.
- Trained in basic use of Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
- How to manage a casualty who is in shock.
- How to assess an incident.
- How to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking.
- How to manage a casualty with a minor injury.
- How to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally.
- How to manage a casualty with external bleeding.
All Assessment Criteria in the units must be achieved.
Course prices include the following:
- Full training
- Student manual
Please note that our courses are split over two evenings from 6.00pm–9.00pm and you must attend both dates to receive certification.
The following COVID safe measures will be put in place to keep delegates and our trainers safe:
- If a delegate has any of the symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g. new persistent cough, high temperature, loss or change to sense of smell or taste) they must not attend training. Please see our booking cancellation policy below for more details.
- We will implement social distancing measures between everyone at all times during the course and request the same of delegates during breaks.
- There will be hand sanitisation available and regular hand-washing protocols in place.
- We will operate a 1:1 delegate to manikin ratio for CPR practice and will maintain our rigorous manikin cleaning protocols.
- We have altered our training strategies to ensure that trainers and delegates do not touch and remain socially distanced during practical sessions.
- Face-coverings will not be provided but delegates are welcome to wear their own.
- Bandage practice will be done by the delegates on themselves instead of in pairs.
- Delegates will put themselves into the recovery position.
For more information and to book visit - https://www.livingsport.co.uk/Event/emergency-first-aid-course-8th-15th-march-2022