- How we can help
- Bondholder Network
An informal networking event for exporters, international service providers and those interested in accessing new markets overseas.
Whether you are already involved in international trade or considering expanding into new markets, Global Business Network offers a unique informal environment to share experience and expertise.
• Learn more about markets and successful strategies by talking to other exporters
• Form relevant connections across the globe
• Hear the latest initiatives and meet those that can help to support your international trade activities
• Obtain export documentation advice from the Chambers’ in-house international trade team.
This month we will be welcoming a representative from the Department for International Trade who will explain the documentation requirements when exporting to Turkey and how the EU and Turkey are linked by a Customs Union agreement, which came into force on 31 December 1995.
• Turkey is the EU’s fourth largest export market and fifth largest provider of imports. The EU is by far Turkey’s number one import and export partner
• EU exports to Turkey are dominated by machinery and transport material, chemical products and manufactured goods
• Turkey’s exports to the EU are mostly machinery and transport equipment, followed by manufactured goods
• Turkey’s main export markets are the EU (44.5%), Iraq, USA, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates and Iran • Imports into Turkey come from the following key markets: the EU (38%), China, Russia, USA, South Korea and Iran.
In our monthly top 20 list of countries for export documents processed, Turkey has consistently been ranked first or second each month during 2018.
This free event is open to all businesses and you don’t need to be a Chamber member to take advantage of this specialist networking opportunity. It’s designed so you can drop by at the end of the day between 5.00pm until 7.00pm, connect with others and exchange ideas, ask questions and offer advice.
You don’t need to book in advance to attend this event, simply join us in the Study Centre at the Moller Centre from 5.00pm.
Free parking is available on-site and refreshments are provided.
For more information, please call Helen Bosett on 01223 209815.